Warning: Use of undefined constant fade - assumed 'fade' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/christcovenantcolorado.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/jma-jumpstart-5-0/grandchild-5-0/functions-site-specific-special-options.php on line 32
The Work of the Holy Spirit in Filling – Part 2
The empowerment which the Holy Spirit gives to a person for the purpose of ministry. Ministry is any work that we do to the Lord or for the Lord.
1. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is not new to the New Covenant. It also happens under the Old Covenant.
2. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is something Christians must and should seek to be effective for Christ.
3. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is something Christians must and should seek as that which characterizes our life.
4. Being filled with the Holy Spirit is not permanent like Indwelling; sin or dissipation removes it.
5. Being filled with the Holy Spirit can happen to non-Christians.
6. Being filled with the Holy Spirit as that which characterizes your life is what produces godliness.
7. Ordination is a special kind of filling by the Holy Spirit.
8. The sign gifts (including tongues and prophecy) ceased as a part of the filling by the Holy Spirit in the 1st century.
Four reasons that prophecy existed.
1. To usher in the new covenant and out the old covenant.
2. To be a surrogate until the completion of the Canon. God’s all-sufficient word was not yet complete.
3. To establish the church.
4. To protect the church from being led astray by Judaism.