Warning: Use of undefined constant fade - assumed 'fade' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/christcovenantcolorado.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/jma-jumpstart-5-0/grandchild-5-0/functions-site-specific-special-options.php on line 32
LITURGY (Def.) = Pattern/Practice of public worship; Religious behavior.
1Timothy is written for the purpose of establishing God’s expected liturgy in the NT churches:
I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these things to you so that, if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of truth.” (3:14-15)
According to Paul, our liturgy should be comprised of the following practices:
1. Teaching that:
1.1. Focuses on and promotes obedience to God’s Law as the means to loving Him, a good conscience and sincere faithfulness (1:1-20)
1.2. Is done only by the men in the congregation (2:9-15)
1.3. Is according to godliness and sound doctrine (4:6-16, 6:1-10).
2. Corporate Prayer by the obedient men in the church (2:1-8).
3. Ministry by qualified individuals only:
3.1. Men only as Elders/Pastors (3:1-7, 4:12, 6:11-16, 20-21).
3.2. Men and Women Diakonos (3:8-13).
4. Corporate Confession/Profession (3:16; this includes singing – Eph 5:19; Col 3:16).
5. The Sacraments (i.e. baptism and the Lord’s Table; 4:1-5; for frequency see: Act 20:7).
6. Koinonia (i.e. fellowship and financial support; 5:1-18, 6:17-19; see also Act 2:44-46, 4:34).
7. Jurisprudence (5:19-25; see also 1Co 6:1-8).