- The Action of Love: Righteous behavior in relation to persons, God, and people or things.
- The Affection of Love: Deep feelings or emotions of adoration, admiration, attachment, favor, and fondness for someone or something.
Love Is The Answer
- The action of love is the basis of all God’s commands.
- The action of love is the key to all human flourishing/prosperity, both temporally and eternally.
- The action of love is the definition of forgiveness
- When a community is acting according to love in relation to one another there is also three things:
- Mercy – caring for the poor/needy
- Truth – honest communication
- Justice – making things right
- We must possess both the actions and the affection of love for those in the church if we hope to get to heaven.