What does practicing the justice of Jesus look like in our lives? Practicing equity. You can’t have justice without equity.
Equity = to make fair/level (e.g. level the playing field). Luke 3:3-6; Equity is what makes justice truly just. Psalm 99:4
The Laws that Create or Achieve Equity (or Fairness)
- The same expectations (laws and punishment) for everyone. Num 15:15-16; 1 Pet 1:17
- Respond in kind / The punishment will fit the crime. What has been done? Who is it done by? Who is it done against? Lk 12:41-48; Jam 3:1; Ps 18:2; 2 Chr 12:5, 15:2, Deu 19:21
- Grace cannot negate justice/responsibility. Num 14:18-24; 1 Thes 2:9, 4:11-12; 2 Thes 3:10
- Expectations must be accessible or knowable.
- Expectations are doable.
- Expectations must also be resolute. Heb 13:8; Mal 3:6
- Expectations are established by/protect the interest of the owner. Rom 11:36