- All love has conditions.
- Who or what determines the condition(s) of our love also reveals who or what controls us.
- The other person, the one we are extending “unconditional love” to, is the actually the one determining the conditions of our love.
- Unconditional love therefore just means it is that person, the one we are extending “unconditional love” to, who controls us. That is the person we truly serve as God.
- Unconditional love is synonymous with worship. To say that we love someone unconditionally is to say that we worship them.
- The only one worthy of such love and worship is God. He is the only one who should control us. He is the only one who should determine the conditions of my love. This then, in turn, defines our love for others.
Listen to this for more on this topic!